Thursday, November 27, 2008
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Recipe for Turkey
"You get a turkey by killing it. You catch it first.....probably with a blanket. Then you kill it. You cut off it's head, and you take out the bones. You take the feathers off. I don't know if you put anything on it....maybe catchup. You cook it by putting it on the grill."
Another Turkey Recipe
"You shoot one. You cut the head off and the wings. Um......you take the feathers off. You cook it. You don't add anything. You cook it in the oven for 50 seconds. You eat it!!!!"
Aren't these so funny!? Micaela has the cutest, most creative K teacher. (She works so hard. Last night we drove by the school at 7 p.m. and she was still there at work.) Micaela said her teacher "interviewed" each one of them individually, asking them what their favorite thing to eat at Thanksgiving dinner was. Then asked them how to make it. She then recorded what they said word for word and made a book out of it. Each student were given a copy of the book to bring home. It's adorable.
So if you're needing a recipe for turkey dinner.........try one of these, if you dare!
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Hubby even tackled his own closet. Love the look on his face when this pic was taken. It's his "what the 'H' are you doing' look. Little did he know it'd wind up on my blog:) I really enjoyed our time together as a family cleaning. Unfortunately it doesn't happen enough that we're all together on a Saturday. (It seems that Matt is often gone.) It was nice to all be together and working towards one goal. Making our home beautiful.
It was nice to sit back after it was all done and admire all the sparkling glass, metal, walls, and floors. OOOOOh, there's nothing better than having a clean house. What a great way to spend a Saturday with my little family.....all of us working together. When we're all helping and working together, it really does bring happiness.
Hum.......now that I know they're all capable, even the littlest one........I'll have to rethink my children's chore charts. Maybe add a few additional items!
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
1) I like my children to be clean. They have a bath/shower every day. And they always have their hair done.
2) I like a clean and organized house. (not saying it's always that way!)
3) One day when my children are older I want to sing in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir (don't laugh......I'm serious. So I guess I should start taking voice lessons now:) I need all the help I can get, so I better start now!)
4) One of my biggest pet peeves is when things go flying off the seat/dashboard/or go rolling around the floor of a car. It doesn't matter if it's my car and I'm driving, or if I'm in somebody elses car. I feel like I need to start gathering everything up and worry something important got lost under the seat. (I know, a little weird. But it really is one of my biggest pet peeves)
5) When I was little my brothers had a nickname for me; it was Leneybug. Some of my aunts, uncles and cousins still call me Leney or Shirleney.
6) I'm a bit of a control freak and perfectionist. But I'm getting better!:)
7) I love to do kind things for others.
(I know I only had to write 6, but hey, there's a bonus one in there!)
And I guess I'm suppose to tag someone, so I tag everyone who reads this. There ya go. Maybe you learned something new about me.......maybe not!
Saturday, November 1, 2008
- ► 2009 (22)