Tuesday, March 10, 2009

SCARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, this is not a still frame from a horror movie, and yes..........apparently I have no shame!!!
I had LASIK surgery on Friday. And I must say, I'm loving my new vision!! My eyes were a negative 10. (Apparently that is really bad, because they kept making a big deal about it at the Dr.'s office. This is about the highest prescription they'll fix with custom LASIK.)
Saturday morning was the first time I've been able to wake up and actually see my alarm clock. I'd worn contacts since I was 13 years old.
I have to give a shout out to my husband, for paying for this expensive, elective surgery. In fact, it was his idea for me to get it done. And for taking Friday off to take me to the surgery, and spend the afternoon/evening with the kids, and making them dinner and playing games with them all night, so I could rest my eyes.
They put lots of pressure on your eye during the surgery, so a lot of the blood vessels in your eyes break, that is why I have huge blood spots on my eyes. I'm not sure if that's more scary, or the fact that I can't wear eye make up for a week! But I do love being able to see!!!!

3 comments:

1boy4girls said...

Yeah! That's so awesome! Congratulations and enjoy your new life! Really. That's what it seems like. Some of the best money we ever spent was for Mike and myself to have it done a few years ago. Amazing!

andrea said...

ewwww. Thanks for sharing.

Just kidding. Glad it worked for you! Did you ceremoniously burn the contacts and glasses? :)

Scarehaircare said...

Congrats! Donate those glasses!

btw, I am too chicken to get it done.